Propolis ointment UK has been available in the Cymerman shop for a long time. Propolis ointment UK – is available through our shop for clients from all over the country. We process orders for propolis ointment within 48 hours of placing the order.
Bee lovers know that we owe these beneficial insects not only honey, but also propolis, which is widely used in natural medicine as well as in cosmetology, so…
How is propolis made?
Bees collect sticky, resinous substances from flower buds and tree bark, and in a rather tedious and complicated process mix the collected material with saliva, pollen, wax, and digestive enzymes to produce propolis. Bees use bee putty not only to seal their hives, but above all to protect themselves against bacteria, fungi, moulds, viruses and all kinds of micro-organisms. It acts as a cement with strong bactericidal and fungicidal properties and is therefore the most important hygienic agent in the hive.
What’s interesting ?
If an intruder such as a mouse enters the hive, it is immediately attacked by the bees with venom, and is then ritualised. That is, it is covered with bee putty like a mummy. Thanks to this treatment it does not spoil, rot or smell 🙂
What’s in the composition?
In addition to resin, oils, beeswax, vegetable wax and pollen, over 300 substances have been isolated in bee hive, including many bioactive compounds with healing and nutritional properties. These include flavonoids, enzymes, proteins and bio-elements such as calcium, magnesium, zinc and silicon. Propolis also contains provitamin A, B group vitamins and vitamins C, D and E. The composition of these components is not constant and depends on the area of origin, the substrate collected by the bees, their breed and the season.
What are the properties ?
Propolis is considered by many researchers to be an antibiotic of the 21st century, all-natural and effective in many ailments. Laboratory tests have confirmed that propolis has antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic, anticancer and anticoagulant properties.
What is its use?
Propolis acts against staphylococci, pathogenic fungi and streptococci, has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and regenerative properties, and is used in the treatment of upper respiratory tract rhinitis, bacterial infections of mucous membranes, and as a natural antibiotic in the treatment of certain types of herpes or candidiasis. The active ingredients of propolis can stimulate healing and tissue regeneration in case of light burns, mouth ulcers or mucous membrane changes caused by Helikobacter Pylori infection.
What can propolis ointment help you with?
- in the treatment of various types of wounds (also after operations), which heal faster and practically scarless thanks to propolis ointment
- in the treatment of skin damage, for instance, after radiation therapy of tumours
- in the treatment of acne, eczema – due to the bactericidal properties of propolis
- in the treatment of gum problems (e.g. after a tooth has been pulled out) – it is recommended to lubricate wounds with propolis ointment, which has an antibacterial effect, regenerates and accelerates healing
- in the treatment of catarrh, which prevents breathing – it is then recommended to spread the ointment on the holes in order to unblock the nose
- in the treatment of haemorrhoids, erosions (in this case spreading propolis ointment and using suppositories/globulades with propolis helps)
- in the treatment of eczema, ringworm and bedsores
What should be kept in mind?
It is worth remembering that propolis can be allergenic, so before applying it, do an allergy test just in case.